Stationary bikes or exercise bikes have become popular with many people out there. That’s because riding a stationary bike is an effective way to burn excess calories and attain your ideal weight.
Exercise bike workouts help strengthen your heart, muscles, and lungs in the process. It provides less stress on your joints while still providing an effective aerobic workout.
Amongst a host of exercise bike brands on the market, Schwinn IC4 and IC3 are two of the most popular and affordable products.
This comparison article will look at Schwinn IC4 and Schwinn IC3 will help facilitate your buying decision.
The Schwinn IC4 is a compact and practical exercise bike that can accommodate all fitness levels. Whether you are just starting out or an experienced pro, the IC4 will provide the challenge you need.
The overall appearance of this exercise bike is sleek and modern. Although it lacks some fancy extras, the IC4 consists of enough adjustable features for your comfort.
This bike is designed to be compatible with fitness apps such as Peloton and Zwift to increase your chances of losing weight successfully.
It has a 40-pound flywheel to provide the necessary resistance. That’s why you need to invest in this high-quality stationary bike right now.
- The 40-pound flywheel will deliver an intense workout even for an experienced cyclist
- It has a sturdy frame with a warranty of 10 years and a 3-year warranty for the mechanical and electrical parts
- This bike has customizable dual-link SPD foot pedals and toe cages
- The IC4 is compatible with fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift via Bluetooth
- The bike comes with 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels to increase the effectiveness of your workouts
- The multi-grip handlebar will help keep your workout sessions targeted and let you stay comfortable throughout the sessions
- The LCD display lets you track important information such as time, burnt calories, and heart rate
- You get a set of 3-pound dumbells with the exercise bike so that you can work out the upper body
- The length of the exercise bike is 48.7 inches
- Width is 21.2 inches
- Maximum weight capacity is 330 pounds
- The height of the bike is 51.8 inches
- When assembled the bike is only 106 pounds
Stream Live & On-Demand Workouts?
If you are looking for a stationary bike that is compatible with fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift, IC4 is the only bike for you. You can access these apps at a much cheaper price with IC4.
The IC4 will help take your stationary bike workouts to the next level.
Where to Buy?
With so many e-commerce sites selling the IC4 stationary bike, you should be cautious as to which site you choose to invest in the product.
Your best bet is to buy from the official Schwinn Fitness website. It’s a highly trusted e-commerce store out there.
Comparing IC4 and IC3 will show you that there are only a few differences between the two models. The IC3 is has a basic design when it comes to choosing between IC3 and IC4.
It has a sturdy frame and infinite resistance to take your stationary bike workouts to the next level. The IC3 comes with a straightforward LCD console to monitor your progress.
You have the option of adjusting the padded handlebars and racing seat to stay comfortable while working out.
This bike also has a 40-pound flywheel to increase the resistance levels. The IC3 has a compact and durable design and comes with a lower price tag compared to the IC4.
The most notable disadvantage of this bike is its inability to connect with fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift. But if you want a basic high-quality stationary bike without fancy features and at a lower price, you should opt for the IC3.
- The 40-pound flywheel makes this stationary bike suitable for newbie, intermediate, and pro cyclists
- Your hydration is guaranteed with the water bottle holder
- The IC3 has a strong, compact, and sleek design
- Track the time, burnt calories, and heart rate with the LCD display
- You can place the mobile phone or tablet in the media holder for entertainment while exercising
- It has a racing-style seat which you can easily adjust according to your comfort levels
- The IC3 is a quality and durable exercise bike that comes at an affordable price
- 5-year frame warranty and 2-years for mechanical and electrical components of the bike
- The maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds
- The length of the bike is only 45 inches
- The width is 23 inches
- Height of the IC3 is 49 inches
- The stationary bike weighs 114.4 pounds once assembled
Stream Live & On-Demand Workouts?
The sad part about IC3 is it’s not designed to use with apps like Peloton and Zwift.
If you want a stationary bike that has access to fitness apps, you should opt for the Schwinn IC4 – which offers access to apps like Peloton and Zwift at much cheaper rates.
Where to Buy?
You may find so many online e-commerce stores that sell the Schwinn IC3 stationary bike. But all of these stores are not created alike. You should always opt for a relaible and trustworthy store when investing in the Schwinn IC3.
There is no better place to buy the IC3 than the official Schwinn Fitness website.
IC3 vs. IC4 Workout Comparison: Which One Works With Peloton App?
The IC4 is the only stationary bike that’s designed to work with fitness apps such as Peloton and Zwift. It is compatible with many fitness apps so that you can explore and shortlist the apps you find most engaging.
There isn’t a lack of options when it comes to fitness apps to be used with Schwinn IC4.
If you are looking for a price comparison between the two models, you can purchase the IC3 from the official Schwinn Fitness site for $499.
It’s a low-priced spin bike from Schwinn Fitness.
The IC3 comes with an impressive number of features packed into a compact space. The IC4 is an expensive model with many advanced features compared to the IC3. The Schwinn IC4 is priced at $799. This model delivers the Peloton experience on a budget.
The IC3 is the more affordable of the two and is ideal for someone searching for a quality spin bike at an affordable price.
The Schwinn IC3 and IC4 are two of the best exercise bikes on the market today. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The IC3 lacks extra features but is affordable compared to IC4. Both the bikes come with a 40-pound flywheel for strenuous workouts. The IC3 has a sturdy, compact, and sleek design.
The IC4 is packed with extra features and while it is a bit more expensive than IC3, it is designed to be used with live and on-demand fitness apps.
When choosing between the two models, everything comes down to your budget and the type of experience you want.
If you want the motivation associated with online fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift, you should definitely opt for the Schwinn IC4. But not everybody wants the motivation associated with such apps.
If you don’t want access to fitness apps like Peloton and Zwift and you are on a tight budget, you should definitely opt for the Schwinn IC3 – which is the more affordable option out there.
Finally, the choice between IC3 and IC4 will depend on the type of experience you are looking for and your budget.